You are invited to stay in cottage style accommodation at the foot of the southern peaks of the Grampians in Dunkeld, Victoria.
Enjoy a truly unique holiday experience with all the comforts of home in one of our fully self contained log cabins with cosy log fires, modern kitchen facilities and comfortable beds and sofas.
Whether you are after a romantic getaway, a home base for bushwalking or exploring the region, or a holiday with the family, we have the right cottage for you.
The peaceful bush garden setting, together with views of the spectacular southern peaks of the iconic Grampians National Park, makes this the perfect place to relax.
- Autumn at Southern Grampians Cottages: generally beautiful settled weather (18-25 degrees), with fewer hot days. All cottages are well insulated and have excellent heating (electric and wood) and cooling (ceiling fans and air conditioning) options. A great time to explore the Grampians National Park!
- Time now to book your cottage for the Easter holiday season!
- We were presented with a number of awards late last year: a ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by Trip Advisor (second year in a row!), named by Trivago as the 3rd best ‘Hotel’ in Victoria, named by HotelsCombined as a ‘Stellar Stays’ property (in top 3% of ‘hotels’ worldwide), and by StarRatings Australia as the No.1 property in the Grampians region and 8th in Victoria for self catering – all based on an amalgamation of guest reviews from the major booking sites. Customer satisfaction is our priority!
- WiFi is available in all cottages at no charge – we have a reliable and speedy service provided by NBN infrastructure and cabling to each cottage.
- Mt Abrupt and Mt Sturgeon (the tallest mountains in the Southern Grampians) have renovated tracks leading to the summits with magnificent views of Dunkeld and surrounds.
- Grampians Eco Tours is available to take guests on a variety of wonderful tours in the Grampians National Park which is renowned for its beauty, geological heritage and abundant wildflowers (see ‘Links’ page).
- Our communal barbecue shelter, with a new Weber gas barbecue, is in a central location and is ideal for group gatherings.
- Renovations – all bathrooms have now had a ‘makeover’ over the last 2 years with top quality toilets, tap fittings, towel rails and shower heads being a feature. The ‘Standard Plus’ cottages were renovated during February, revealing a fresh new look.
- Dunkeld Adventure’s ‘Serra Terror’ Mountain Endurance Hike happens every June long weekend – book to take part in next year’s iconic event (See link to their website on our ‘Links’ page).
- Pensioner/Concession Card Holder Discount Special: 20% discount for any mid-week stay (Sun.-Thurs. nights) of 3+ nights (10% for a 2 night stay)