You are invited to stay in cottage style accommodation at the foot of the southern peaks of the Grampians in Dunkeld, Victoria.
Enjoy a truly unique holiday experience with all the comforts of home in one of our fully self contained log cabins with cosy log fires, modern kitchen facilities and comfortable beds and sofas.
Whether you are after a romantic getaway, a home base for bushwalking or exploring the region, or a holiday with the family, we have the right cottage for you.
The peaceful bush garden setting, together with views of the spectacular southern peaks of the iconic Grampians National Park, makes this the perfect place to relax.
- Summer at Southern Grampians Cottages: generally beautiful weather (20-30 degrees), with occasional hotter weather. All cottages are well insulated and have cooling options – ceiling fans and evaporative coolers in ‘Standard’ cottages and ceiling fans and air conditioning in all other cottages. The town has a swimming pool! We are just over an hour from the beach.
- Time now to book your cottage for the Christmas/New Year season!
- WiFi is available in all cottages at no charge – we have a reliable and speedy service provided by NBN infrastructure and cabling to each cottage.
- Mt Abrupt and Mt Sturgeon (the tallest mountains in the Southern Grampians) have renovated tracks leading to the summits with magnificent views of Dunkeld and surrounds.
- Grampians Eco Tours is available to take guests on a variety of wonderful tours in the Grampians National Park which is renowned for its beauty, geological heritage and abundant wildflowers (see ‘Links’ page).
- Our communal barbecue shelter, with a new Weber gas barbecue, is in a central location and is ideal for group gatherings.
- Renovations – all bathrooms have now had a ‘makeover’ over the last 2 years with top quality toilets, tap fittings, towel rails and shower heads being a feature. We have just refreshed the bedrooms in our 2 ‘Standard Family’ cottages and the ‘Standard Plus’ cottage and have completed a major renovation in the ‘Open Plan Spa’ cottage.
- Dunkeld Adventure’s ‘Serra Terror’ Mountain Endurance Hike happens every June long weekend – book to take part in next year’s iconic event (See link to their website on our ‘Links’ page).
- We have been presented with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by Trip Advisor for the second year in a row!….and have just been named by Trivago as the 3rd best ‘Hotel’ in Victoria based on amalgamation of guest reviews from all the major booking sites which enable reviews (44th in Australia!!) with a guest approval rating of 93.01!!!
- Pensioner/Concession Card Holder Discount Special: 20% discount for any mid-week stay (Sun.-Thurs. nights) of 3+ nights (10% for a 2 night stay)